Sunday 26 February 2012

A Close Shave Speedsailing - Lake George

At my last session at Lake George I had a Close Shave with my SA Speeed Demons team mate Choco.  As you can see from the footage I thought I was aware of all the sailors in my vicinity!  I started off a few hundread meters from another sailor and followed.  I passed them over the top and scanned back and forth for other sailors.  You can see a slight haze in my luff pocket at 1:43 and then Choco appears.  The nose of his board clipped the foot of my sail and if I had been a second later who knows what might have happened.  There was no reason to stop and I was on a NM so I finished the run and caught up with Choco later.

I have never had such a close shave and I think the conditions were a contributor.  You could sail fast on all tacks at a constant speed so 2 sailors could converge on a point from a long distance away being blissfully unaware of each other.  Choco was hidden by my luff pocket and I was in his blind spot upwind.

3 comments:

  1. Hey that was a bad call on his part - you were on starboard and shouldnt have to yield to a sailor on port - but an injury or gear damage is never a good outcome - has anyone torn strips of the Fuc### for being so careless?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were both on starboard and couldn't see each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pročitajte moje svjedočanstvo o tome kako sam dobio brzi zajam od pouzdane tvrtke. Pozdrav, ja sam gospođica Veronica iz Hrvatske. Bio sam u financijskoj situaciji i trebao sam kupiti kuću. Pokušao sam potražiti zajam od različitih kreditnih tvrtki, privatnih i korporativnih, ali nije išlo, a većina banaka mi je odbila kredit. Ali kako bi Bog htio, upoznali su me s privatnim zajmodavcem koji mi je dao zajam od 90,000 eura i danas imam vlastitu kuću i vlasnik sam tvrtke i trenutno mi je dobro, ako morate ići na tvrtka za osiguranje zajma. bez kolaterala, bez provjere kreditne sposobnosti, samo 3% kamatna stopa i supotpisnik s boljim planovima i rasporedom otplate, kontaktirajte Davidson Albert Loan (davidsonalbertloan@gmail.com). On ne zna da to radim, ali sada sam tako sretna i odlučila sam dati ljudima više informacija o njemu i želim da ga Bog još više blagoslovi. Možete ga kontaktirati putem njegove e-pošte. davidsonalbertloan@gmail.com
    {WhatsApp: +38761545894}

    ReplyDelete